3 min read

Jul 01, 2024
Jul 01, 2024

news & press releases

Invenergy and Patria Investments Acquire 600 MW Brazil Wind Portfolio from ContourGlobal and Eletrobras

Invenergy Services Surpasses 1 GW of Managed Wind Assets in Brazil
SÃO PAULO, BR (July 1, 2024) - Invenergy, the leading privately held developer, owner, and operator of sustainable energy solutions, today announced with Patria Investments the acquisition of ContourGlobal and Eletrobras’ nearly 600-megawatt (MW) wind energy portfolio in Brazil. Invenergy will hold a 10% ownership stake in the portfolio, while the remaining 90% will be owned by Patria Investments. Invenergy will also provide wind turbine operations & maintenance services for the portfolio.
“This first-of-its-kind transaction for Invenergy Services in Brazil expands our O&M portfolio of managed assets and makes Invenergy an owner of installed wind capacity in the country for the first time,” said Steve Dowdy, Executive Vice President at Invenergy.  “The work we do at Invenergy Services is guided by our ‘owners’ mindset,’ and this opportunity reflects our commitment to excellent service at every project we operate.”
The wind energy portfolio includes four projects located across Piauí and Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil: Asa Branca, Chapada I, Chapada II and Chapada III. The power generated by these projects is sold to various distribution companies through long-term contracts awarded during federally organized renewable energy auctions.
“The vast majority of Brazil’s installed wind capacity is situated in the northeast and through this strategic partnership, Invenergy now has a large-scale presence in that part of the country,” said Rodolpho Scheeffer, Vice President and Brazil Country Manager at Invenergy. “This transaction represents Invenergy’s commitment to the Brazilian market, and we look forward to seeing our increased workforce apply our unmatched expertise to this portfolio of projects in northeast Brazil and beyond.”
Invenergy has two regional offices in Brazil, located in Natal and São Paulo. The transaction will more than double Invenergy’s workforce in Brazil, now supporting nearly 130 Brazilian employees.
# # #
About Invenergy
Invenergy is accelerating cleaner, more reliable, affordable energy. Invenergy and its affiliated companies develop, build, own, and operate large-scale renewable and other clean energy generation, transmission and storage facilities in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Headquartered in Chicago, Invenergy has regional development offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Japan, Poland, and Scotland.
Invenergy and its affiliated companies have successfully developed more than 31,000 megawatts of projects that are in operation, construction or contracted, including wind, solar, transmission infrastructure and natural gas power generation and advanced energy storage projects.
About Invenergy Services
Founded in 2003, Invenergy Services is dedicated to managing power generation assets for clients around the world, based on the owner's mindset. With more than 22,000 megawatts under management, Invenergy Services drives performance through proactive maintenance and management services, robust data analysis, and the expertise and input of its specialists. The company has more than 1,200 employees who maintain and manage clean energy projects around the world.
Contact Invenergy:

Clean Energy

  • Wind
  • Solar
  • Storage
  • Offshore Wind
  • Transmission
  • Clean Hydrogen
  • Clean Water
  • Natural Gas

© 2023 Invenergy

  • Privacy

  • Terms of Service

  • Compliance