CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: November 2020
This notice informs applicants residing in California of INVENERGY’s personal information collection and processing practices in relation to recruiting under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
1. Applicant Personal Information
The categories of Applicant Personal Information that may be collected in connection with the application and the purposes for which such information may be used includes:
- Identifiers and Contact information
This category includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, driver’s license or state identification numbers, and other similar contact information and identifiers.
- Protected classification information
This category includes characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
This category includes without limitation:
- All activity on the Company’s information systems, such as internet browsing history, search history and email communications
- All activity on communications systems including phone calls, call logs, voice mails, text messages, chat logs and app use
- Personal and employment-related information
- Data submitted with employment applications including employment history, recommendations, etc.
- Background check and criminal history
- Work authorization
- Fitness for duty data and reports
- Education information
This category includes education history.
2. Purposes Personal Information is Used
- Collect and process employment applications, including confirming eligibility and qualifications for employment, background and related checks, as necessary
- Evaluate an individual’s appropriateness for a particular position at the Company or promotion to a new position
- Communicate with you about your application
- Maintaining personnel records and record retention requirements
- Complying with applicable state and federal labor, employment, equal employment opportunity and related laws
- Preventing unauthorized access to or use of the Company’s property, including the Company’s information systems, electronic devices, network and data
- Investigating complaints, grievances and suspected violations of Company policy
- Protect the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of Company or its employees, agents, contractors, customers or the public
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes
- Carry out a license, sale or transfer of all or a portion of the business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), or manage or arrange for acquisitions, mergers and re-organizations
- Design, implement and promote the Company’s diversity and inclusion programs
3. Sharing Your Data with Third Parties
To carry out the purposes outlined above, we may share information with third parties, such as background check vendors, third-party human resources and information technology vendors, outside legal counsel, and state or federal governmental agencies.
4. Additional Categories of Personal Information
We may add to the categories of personal information it collects and the purposes it uses personal information. In that case, we will inform you.
5. How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this notice, you may email Invenergy’s Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
6. Changes to This Statement
We may update this privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. We encourage you to review this statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.