Last Updated: December 2021
The INVENERGY Privacy Statement applies to INVENERGY’s (and its affiliates) websites and services that link to the Statement.
INVENERGY and its affiliates take data protection responsibilities seriously. Below are highlights of our Privacy Statement.
1. What We Do
INVENERGY is a leading privately-held global developer and operator of sustainable energy solutions. You can find out more about INVENERGY at https://invenergy.com/what-we-do/overview.
2. Collective and Uses of Your Personal Information
- We collect and use information about you for a variety of reasons such as if you use one of our websites or online services, are identified as a potential customer, work with us as a business partner, or apply for employment with INVENERGY.
- If you subscribe to one of INVENERGY’s newsletters, we add your name and email address to our newsletters’ mailing list, which is managed via Mailchimp. We use tracking in our newsletters, which means that we can identify how many or which users have opened mailouts or followed links.
- Subscribers to our newsletters may receive more than one mailing monthly.
- Note that Mailchimp may transfer personal data outside the EU. Please contact Mailchimp with questions or concerns about this.
- We will use your personal information for the purpose it was collected and will not use it for a different purpose without first asking for your permission.
3. Legal Basis for Processing
In subscribing to our newsletters or contacting us, you are consenting to the processes as described on this page. The legal basis is GDPR 6(1)(a) – Consent of the data subject.
When applying for
employment, you consent to the processing of your data on the legal basis of
GDPR 6(1)(f) – Legitimate interests pursued by the controller.
4. How to Unsubscribe from Our Newsletter
Every newsletter contains a quick and easy unsubscribe link in its footer.
When you unsubscribe from a newsletter managed via Mailchimp, your details remain on the list of past recipients. This is a measure to prevent circumstances such as a member of staff accidentally manually re-adding you. Mailchimp states: “As a compliance measure, subscribers who unsubscribe themselves can’t be deleted from your list.”
However, provided you are still a subscriber at the point when you contact us, on request your details can be permanently removed from the list – please contact us if you would like this to happen.
5. Data Retention
In all cases listed above, we retain your personal data until such a time as you unsubscribe or ask us to remove your details.
If you contact INVENERGY via our contact information provided below, we reserve the right to keep your message indefinitely. This is to aid continuity and so that we can view any historic context which may have bearing on subsequent support mail, even if members of the support staff change. Support staff adhere to strict internal privacy and security policies.
7. Your Choices and Rights
INVENERGY respects your rights in how your personal information is used and shared. You may request access or corrections to your personal information.
8. Sharing Your Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties so they may share information about their products and services. You may opt-out of INVENERGY sharing with third parties for their marketing purpose by contacting us using the information in the How to Contact Us section.
- We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for any purpose other than the reason you provided it for or as otherwise stated in our Privacy Statement.
INVENERGY is committed to protecting your personal information and implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
10. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding our compliance with our Privacy Statement and data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us using the contact details below. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and will make every reasonable effort to honor your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To find out more about California Consumer Privacy Act, see the Applicant CCPA Notice.
To find out more about our Cookies practices, see the Cookies Policy.